Sunday, October 13, 2013

The Drawsharp is Here!

I am happy to announce that the Galbert Drawsharp will be available for sale here on Chairnotes next Friday at 9 am and in person at Woodworking in America!
I've been working with Jameel Abraham at Benchcrafted this year with the goal of getting the tool ready for sale in time for Woodworking in America and through no small effort, we did it. I sought out Jameel because of his sterling reputation for making solid tools, and he certainly lived up to it.

The Drawsharp makes the task of sharpening your drawknives simple, fast and repeatable while giving precise control over the geometry of the bevel angles. It works with drawknives of all shapes and sizes regardless of whether the drawknife will be used with the bevel up or down. Unlike other methods of sharpening which follow a similar process to sharpening a chisel, the Drawsharp doesn't require a flat back or a ground bevel to give excellent results.

The Drawsharp uses diamond impregnated plates to shape and refine the edge and self adhesive silica carbide paper to polish the edge to a razor sharp result.

Here is a video explaining the function of the tool.

The price is $84.00 plus $7.00 shipping and handling (Shipping rate calculated for the continental U.S., Massachusetts residents add local sales tax)
International shipping and handling $15.00

You can order yours by returning to Chairnotes on Friday morning or coming to my booth at the Marketplace at Woodworking in America. I will also be posting a page to my website, www.petergalbertchairmaker.com and Chairnotes Tools when I return from WIA.
Thanks for your business!

10 comments:

John said...

Really turned out nice, Pete. Won't be able to be in Cincinnati, but will set a reminder on my phone for Friday AM

Bern said...

Can't wait Pete> How good do they look?!
Congratulations on bringing some fine thinking to the physical.

Patrick Tipton said...

Hey Pete - thanks for all your hard work and contributions! Looks like a another great device!

Harry said...

Hi Pete,
It looks great.
What would the shipping cost be to Toronto?
Harry Miller

Unknown said...

We would love to get one onto the toolrack at the Port Townsend School of Woodworking. I'll be in touch.

Glen Rundell said...

Terrific to see the final product Pete from the original prototype way back when. I'll be signing up for a couple on Friday.

Cheers
Glen

Peter Galbert said...

Thanks for the encouragement! Harry, the international rate is $15 for shipping. I am very excited to own one of these myself, which is my secret reason for having Jameel make them!

Shannon said...

Awesome stuff Pete. It will have a place on the wall next to my Galbert caliper. Now I just need to get to the WIA booth before you sell out. Looking forward to meeting you

Unknown said...

I paid lily to put one aside for me.

Peter Galbert said...

Thanks for all the encouragement, I'm thrilled to get it into your hands!